- Amazon cheated and mentally tortured Open
Posted on: Aug 25, 2018
Complaint filed against: Amazon India
1. I ordered a honour 7x mobile from amazon india online on 11th Aug 2018.
2. From 14th Aug 2018, i used to receive daily alerts in form of text message stating that your product is out for delivery but by eod, i used to receive another alert stating that "we are not able to reach you".
3. Since this was happening every day, i contacted amazon customer support and filed the complaint.
4. From that time I almost contacted amazon customer support everyday and finally on 17th Aug 2018, I talked to Rakesh (One of the support escalation in customer support) and also updated my alternate contact number. He informed me that he escalated this incident and also contacted ats to deliver the product by 18th Aug 2018.
5. But even on 18th Aug 2018, i didn't receive any communication from ats team.
6. I again replied to Rakesh via mail asking for an update, for which i got a reply from Rashmitha (one of Rakesh's colleague ) that i will receive my order in next 24-48 hrs.
7. Finally, on 20th July 2018, I got a phone call from ats delivery agent at around 9 PM. His name was Mahesh.
8. Since i was not available at my address on that day, i requested him to deliver this phone next day (i.e. 21st Aug 2018) before 12 PM.
9. But i didn't receive any call on 21st Aug but received the below email from ats:
"This is to inform you that a package from your order with order ID 406-9525437-2033907, shipped via amazon transportation services, is being returned to our fulfilment centre.
Orders can be returned for a number of reasons including lack of address information or failed delivery attempts. Labels can also become smudged or torn in transit rendering the delivery address incomplete.
If you've already paid for the order, we will initiate a full refund once the package is received at our fulfilment centre. We will send you an email once we process the refund.
Unfortunately, we're unable to re-dispatch orders that are returned to us as undelivered. If you still want these items, we'd suggest that you return to our website and place a new order."
10. So finally i again called amazon customer support and told them the whole scenario but they replied that this phone status shows as undelivered and they cant help now.
11. Then again I keep on communicating with amazon customer support on mails with hope but finally they said that I need to place new order and they can't help.
12. I have a full mail communication which clearly stated that the fault was from amazon side and they have also accepted this in the written communication (mails).
13. Even then they can't do anything except apology.
14. But for me, it was a great loss as the phone was in offer period that time and really feel cheated and mentally tortured as i have wasted quite a lot time in communicating with amazon on phone and mails and still then suffered at the end because of only their fault.
15. So, I have to pay around Rs.7500 more to place a new order for same phone and that's because of bad service of amazon. Actually, this is worst service in my whole online shopping experience and that too from amazon which claims to be earth's most customer centric company.
16. Even the response from them was not timely and i have to follow-up many times to get any update/reply.
Resolution Demanded: Get service/product replaced or fixed for free, Get damages for financial loss and mental agony
Complaint filed by: Aakash Sharma