How we resolved Pepperfry consumer complaint in just two days

We are happy to state that we have got one more success story to share. We have resolved Pepperfry consumer complaint within just two days.

Last week a consumer, Amandeep Singh filed a complaint against Pepperfry – a famous online furniture store. The store was listing a bed with some misleading description about the storage space. Believing this misleading description, Mr. Singh ordered the bed at the online store and paid Rs.37173. Later he came to know that the bed does not have any storage inside the bed, which caused severe mental agony to him.

When the customer contacted Pepperfry support, they refused to cancel his order or refund his money saying that storage actually means he can use plank under the bed for storing things. This was simply unacceptable to the customer as storing under the bed can not be treated as an in-built feature of the bed.

consumer complaint pepperfry
Pepperfry invoice describing the product

Finding no other alternative, he posted his complaint at – a platform to resolve consumer complaints quickly. We investigated the matter and found that customer’s complaint was genuine. The product page at Pepperfry has very misleading title showing the bed has a storage.

consumer complaint pepperfry
Actual product page at Pepperfry

On receiving the Pepperfry consumer complaint, we at Voxya. started a social media campaign and tried to contact Pepperfry. We also requested customer to share his consumer complaint via social media. Immediately within just one days time, the customer received a call from Pepperfry’s CEO office and they canceled the order and refunded the money to the customer!

So, we have resolved another consumer complaint at our platform successfully 🙂 It is really nice that Pepperfry took immediate action in the matter and resolved the complaint quickly.

We received a thank you email from the consumer and we feel happy that we were able to help in resolving his complaint 🙂

Thank you email from consumer thanking for resolving his consumer complaint
Thank you email from consumer thanking for resolving his consumer complaint

Though the complaint has been resolved by Pepperfry quickly but we will still request Pepperfry to modify the title and the description of this product listed at their store here

It looks that the details given on this product page are misleading and incorrect. Hope somebody at Pepperfry will look into this soon.

If you are facing issues with a defective product or service which you purchased and the vendor is not helping, you can file a consumer complaint at
Our experienced legal team will help you to get refund, replacement and compensation.

How companies should resolve consumer complaints

If you are a company or brand, you should admit that mistakes happen. You might be 99% perfect but still that 1% figure leaves enough space for lot of unhappy customers. So, resolving consumer complaints are important to succeed in business.

When you get a consumer complaint, you can either lose an angry customer or choose to hear him patiently, and get a brand advocate for life. Actually the companies should regard customer complaint as an opportunity. If an annoyed customer is successfully pacified then there are chances of building trust and long-term relationship with him.

It is not necessary that companies should invest a lot for resolving consumer complaints. Even very simple steps can make huge difference. Lets see how companies and brands can easily resolve consumer complaints:

1. When an upset customer tells his story, the companies needs to hear him with all ears. Anger can recede rapidly if someone listens to a customer’s grievance.

2. Empathize with the customer. Brands should understand the emotions of the customers, and let him know that his pain (grievance) is genuine.

3. Apologize sincerely. Customer does not always need compensation, instead they want an apology from someone who has authority in the company.

4. Act quickly to resolve the issue. The companies should allow their customer service teams to offer discounts, compensation and gifts etc to convert the unhappy customer into satisfied advocate.

5. Cure the problem. For becoming successful business, it is important to find out the real reason why that mistake occurred. Any faulty process should be removed or modified so that mistakes should not get repeated.

Finally, it may seem easier to let an angry customer go and focus on new customers. But successful businesses know the power of customer satisfaction to achieve better customer retention.

उपभोक्ता अदालत या उपभोक्ता फोरम में शिकायत कैसे दर्ज करें? (How To File a Complaint in Consumer Court Or Consumer Forum?)

Know How to file a consumer case in Hindi - Voxya

The Consumer Protection Act 1986 के अनुसार, जब कोई व्यक्ति वस्तु या सामान खुद के इस्तेमाल के लिए खरीदता है, तब उसको उपभोक्ता (Consumer) कहा जाता है | The Consumer Protection Act 1986 के अनुसार, उपभोक्ता फोरम (Consumer Forum) में केवल उपभोक्ता (Consumer) ही शिकायत को दर्ज कर सकता है |

उपभोक्ता फोरम क्या होता है?

उपभोक्ता फोरम एक सरकारी संस्था है, जहां पर आप सेलर और सप्लायर के खिलाफ अपनी शिकायत दर्ज कर सकते है | इन्हे उपभोकता अदालत (Consumer Court) भी कहा जाता है जोकि एक्ट के तहत डिस्ट्रिक्ट, स्टेट और नेशनल लेवल पर आने वाली उपभोक्ता शिकायतो को दूर करते है और दोषियों पर कार्यवाही करते है |

जब आप कोई वस्तु खरीदते है, तो अक्सर दुकानदार, कंपनी, डीलर, या सर्विस प्रोवाइडर अपने मुनाफे के लिए आपको धोखा दे सकते है | अगर ऐसे में दुकानदार, कंपनी, डीलर, या सर्विस प्रोवाइडर ग्राहक की समस्या को नहीं सुनते है और उपभोक्ता की शिकायत को हल नहीं करते है, तो उपभोक्ता फोरम (Consumer Forum) का दरवाजा खटखटाया जा सकता है |

Consumer Forum, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution के तहत आता है | इस मिनिस्ट्री के अनुसार, वर्ष 2016 के आखिर में करीब 90 हज़ार उपभोक्ताओं ने कंस्यूमर कोर्ट (consumer court) में शिकायत दर्ज की थी जिसमे से जिला स्तर पर 92% उपभोक्ता शिकायतों का समाधान कर लिया गया था |

उपभोक्ता अदालत में किसके खिलाफ शिकायत दर्ज की जा सकती है?

दुकानदार, कंपनी, डीलर या सर्विस प्रोवाइडर के खिलाफ उपभोक्ता शिकायत दर्ज (consumer complaint file) की जा सकती है |

उपभोक्ता शिकायत कौन कर सकता है?

  • पीड़ित उपभोक्ता, जिसने कोई सामान खरीदा हो या फिर किसी प्रकर की सेवा ली हो |
  • कोई भी फर्म चाहे, वह रजिस्टर हो या न हो शिकायत दर्ज कर सकता है |
  • को-ऑपरेटिव सोसाइटी या लोगो का समूह
  • राज्य या केंद्र सरकार भी शिकायत दर्ज कर सकती है |
  • अगर उपभोक्ता की मौत हो जाती है तो इस स्थिति में उपभोक्ता का कानूनी वारिस शिकायत को दर्ज कर सकता है |

उपभोक्ता शिकायत में क्या होना चाहिए?

  • उपभोक्ता शिकायत में शिकायत करने वाले का नाम और विपक्ष का नाम और पता होना चाहिए |
  • शिकायतों में लगाए गए आरोपों के समर्थन में दस्तावेज जैसे कि कैश मेमो, रसीद, एग्रीमेंट, आदि |
  • उपभोक्ता फोरम में शिकायत दर्ज करने के लिए वकील की आवश्यकता नहीं होती है | आप अपनी शिकायत को एक कागज पर लिख कर शिकायत पत्र के साथ दर्ज कर सकते है | शिकायत पत्र पर उपभोक्ता के हस्ताक्षर होने अनिवार्य है | आपको आवेदन की तीन कॉपी जमा करानी होती है | इनमे एक कॉपी ऑफिस, और एक कॉपी विपक्षी पार्टी के लिए भी होती है | शिकायत के साथ आपको पोस्टल आर्डर या फिर डिमांड ड्राफ्ट के जरिये फीस भी जमा करनी होती है | डिमांड ड्राफ्ट या फिर पोस्टल आर्डर अध्यक्ष, डिस्ट्रिक्ट फोरम या स्टेट फोरम के पक्ष में बनता है |
  • शिकायत के आखिर में आपको ये बताना होता है कि कोर्ट से आपको किस प्रकार की राहत चाहिए? आपका जो भी नुकसान हुआ है उसके विषय में विस्तार में बताये और बदले में आपको क्या चाहिए उसका उल्लेख जरूर करना चाहिए |

आप शिकायत कहाँ दर्ज कर सकते है?

  • अगर आपके सामान की कीमत 20 लाख से कम है तो आप District Consumer Forum में शिकायत कर सकते है |
  • अगर आपके सामान की कीमत 20 लाख से 1 करोड़ के बीच की है तो आप State Commission में शिकायत कर सकते है |
  • अगर आपके सामान की कीमत 1 करोड़ से अधिक है तो आप National Commission में शिकायत कर सकते है |

उपभोक्ता फोरम में शिकायत दर्ज करने के लिए कितनी फीस देनी होती है?

  • 1 लाख रुपये तक के मामलो के लिए : 100 रुपये
  • 1 लाख से 5 लाख तक के मामलो के लिए : 200 रुपये
  • 10 लाख तक के मामलो के लिए : 400 रुपये
  • 20 लाख तक के मामलो के लिए : 500 रुपये
  • 50 लाख तक के मामलो के लिए : 2000 रुपये
  • 1 करोड़ तक के मामलो के लिए : 4000 रुपये

कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में आप शिकयत कैसे कर सकते है ?

कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में शिकायत करने के लिए आपके पास 4 विकल्प है |

  • आप ऑफलाइन कंप्लेंट कर सकते है, उसके लिए आपको एक आवेदन लिख करके उसको कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में सबमिट करना होता है |
  • आप कॉल करके के भी अपनी शिकायत को दर्ज कर सकते है | उसके लिए आपको 1800-11-4000 या 14404 पर कॉल करके भी शिकायत दर्ज कर सकते है |
  • आप SMS करके भी अपनी शिकायत को दर्ज करवा सकते है | उसके लिए आपको दिए गए नंबर पर 8130009809 एक SMS करना होगा | जैसे आप SMS करेंगे, वैसे ही आपको एक कॉल बैक आएगा | जिस पर आप अपनी शिकायत को दर्ज करवा सकते है |
  • आप ऑनलाइन शिकायत भी दर्ज कर सकते है, जिसके लिए आपको दी गयी वेबसाइट पर जाना होगा :=>
  • दी गयी वेबसाइट पर जाकर आप ऑनलाइन शिकायत को दर्ज कर सकते है |

अगर आपको उपभोक्ता शिकायत दर्ज करने में किसी प्रकार की समस्या होती है या आप चाहते है आपकी उपभोक्ता शिकायत सरलता से दूर हो जाये तो आप सपनी शिकायत को Voxya ऑनलाइन कंस्यूमर फोरम (online consumer forum) पर भी दर्ज कर सकते है |

शिकायत दर्ज करने के लिए दिए गए लिंक पर क्लिक करे :=>
File A Complaint Now!

Voxya किस प्रकार से उपभोक्ता शिकायतों को दूर करती है ?

Voxya आपके द्वारा की गयी शिकायत को प्राप्त करने के बाद 4 सरल चरणों में अपनी शिकायत को हल करती है |

  • सोशल मीडिया कैंपेन
  • कंपनी को ईमेल भेजना
  • लीगल नोटिस तैयार करना और भेजना
  • कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में केस दर्ज करने में उपभोक्ता की मदद करती है | यह उपभोक्ता के केस से सम्बंधित सभी दस्तावेजों और सबूतों को तैयार करती है और उपभोक्ता को देती है | बस उपभोक्ता को अपने हस्ताक्षर करके उसे कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में जमा करना होता है |

Voxya Talk To Lawyer

अगर आपको किसी प्रकार की समस्या आती है या फिर केस को कंस्यूमर कोर्ट में जीतने के लिए किसी प्रोफेशनल वकील की सलाह चाहिए तो आप दिए गए लिंक पर क्लिक करके संपर्क कर सकते है :=> Talk To Lawyer