- Refund of air ticket Closed
I booked a return flight CCU-DEL [PNR MKRTVE] on Indigo. However, to avail some credit card offers, I made the booking through GOIBIBO.
2. My return flight to CCU was scheduled today. I had made subsequent plans thereafter which have significant financial implications.
3. However, today morning I received an automated call from Indigo which informed me that flight will be delayed by half an hour.
4. As I had a packed schedule, I immediately got in touch with GOIBIBO customer care and asked them to cancel the booking. I also told them that I don’t want any cash refund. Instead, I can be given credits which may be used by me in future for travelling in Indigo itself. At this point it is pertinent to mention that Indigo does not allow any modification (preponement / postponement) in air travel without requisite fee. Moreover, any delay even by minutes in arrival is also not tolerated and the passenger is not allowed to board.
5. However, unlike Indigo I did not seek any compensation/penalty for such delay on the part of the airlines. To my surprise, I was told by the Goibibo customer care that the “airlines policy does not allow such grant of credit / refund.”
6. I was also connected to Indigo and spoke to three different representatives each of whom were reportedly superior to the last one. However, all of them expressed their helplessness in giving tickets for the delayed flight citing incoherent excuses. Initially, they told me that credits were not possible as I had made a booking through Goibibo. At this I told them that Goibibo is more than willing to consider my case if Indigo does it. On hearing this they told me that as the flight is not late than two hours, they are not able to give me any refund as per their policy. At this I reminded them of a refund/credit I have already received in the month of January 2018 for lesser delay in the Chennai-Kochi sector. At this they told me that it was an exceptional gesture on their part. I reminded them that I have been frequently travelling by Indigo and such requests too are exceptional on my part and that too because of delay on the part of Indigo. However, the representatives one after another simply refused to provide what’s due to me.
I write to you with the request to look into my grievance and provide me justice.
Are you brand?
Are you Lawyer?
Get refund or credit for your purchase
We have booked a flight from Hyderabad to Mumbai on Indigo airlines flight on 20 April 2019. One no SY4JCB for 3 members were late for 2 minutes for check-in. We begged the manager for 10 minutes he didn't respond and he asked us to come for th...
Apr 21, 2019 by Ramachandra Reddy
I am deeply saddened and in pain and anger to bring to your notice the issue of theft from my checked-in luggage from Kochi to Male Indigo flight No 6E-412 (attachment enclosed). I along with my friend Vivek Krishnan were travelling to Bengalur...
Apr 09, 2019 by Raghuram Reddy
Date: 25/03/2019 Flight: 6E – 471/309 (Jaipur – Hyderabad – Goa ) | PNR – TMG4TX Rate : 8788.00 | PNR - TMG4TX Amount Paid Again: 10,300.00 Flight no: 6E – 471/309 date: 25/03/2019, departure time 16:40 from Jaipur to Goa I re...
Mar 28, 2019 by Mohammed ashraf
I have booked a flight with my PNR LLZ56H from Jaipur to Ahmedabad on 11 March 2019 where I have done my web check in my flight and I am having my seat no. I reached about 0714 hrs where my departure was at 0755 hrs. I have my brother with me a...
Mar 11, 2019 by Geetaverma
This is the height of limit. Rules apart and I am very well aware. On the counter, I was immediately asked for 4kg excess payment I was willing for 2 kgs she clearly said I am asking for 4 kgs for check-in baggage, not the handbag. The agent go...
Mar 08, 2019 by Farhan Mohamed