How To File Complaint on Flipkart?
Have you bought a product recently from Flipkart but are not satisfied with its quality, delivery or features? You want to know how to file complaint on Flipkart for getting a refund, replacement or return sale?
Don’t worry, you are not alone! Though Flipkart happens to be a genuine online store but still many customers face problems with their purchase.
Before placing an order, you should always check their refund and return policy but if you did not check, here is the step by step guide to file a complaint on Flipkart.
Different types of scams that have surfaced till now
Scamming people is really easy, especially when they are lured with amazing deals at a nearly negligible amount.
Did you recently receive an SMS or email offering 80 – 90% discount from Flipkart? What about the WhatsApp message stating you can buy any item on Flipkart at just ₹1?
Smells fishy, isn’t it?
In fact, in 2018, Flipkart released an awareness story (blog) on its official Twitter page ‘Flipkart stories’ about how a fake Flipkart website was duping people. They even shared URLs like ‘flipkart-bigbillion-sale.com’ and ‘flipkart.dhamaka-offers.com’.
Even though the URLs sounded similar, Flipkart clarified that the websites were not theirs.
If you scroll through the internet, you will find numerous scams related to Flipkart offers. A recent report (FY19) highlighted that nearly 4,955 fraud cases were registered in India.
Before moving to how to file complaint on Flipkart, lets see some of the scam types that have come to the limelight :
This is one of the most noticeable scams that a majority of buyers have come across. For instance, many individuals bought clothing of some specific fabric (silk/georgette) but received something else (polyester).
The common duping cases were mostly related to fake products. The Flipkart seller would guarantee on a branded product, but the customer, after shelling out a huge sum, would receive a first copy of the so-called brand.
The common products with fake cases are:
Electronic items are a common commodity that fall under this category. Some Flipkart sellers send sub-standard products that don’t work or stop working after a few days.
Fake promotions in the name of Flipkart
Customer Care Numbers – A few fraudsters posted phone numbers, stating to be original ‘2GUD Customer Care’ or ‘Flipkart Customer Care’. When the customer calls at that number, the fraudster(s), in lieu of verification, gets hold of the customer’s credentials.
Online Wallet – Another incident came to light when a fraudster asked the customer to make his payment via a specific online wallet to avail prize or free gift.
SMS – Many messages were also sent to customers, asking them to share the fraud messages in groups or to individuals against prize-winning points.
Phone Calls – Several customers were called by fraudsters stating that they have won lucky draws or heavy discounts. To avail that prize, the customer had to share a small token amount that would be refunded later in their Flipkart wallet.
Most duping cases were registered via WhatsApp. Website links, like ‘flipkart.dhamaka-offers.com’ were shared with the message that products were sold at a low price.
Even though Flipkart has made the common public aware, people jump straight into such traps when they are lured with offers, like JBL headphones for Rs. 349 or 64 GB pen-drive for ₹25.
How to file complaint on Flipkart?
Seeing the number of rising fraudulent cases, Flipkart has shared several details to save yourself from duping cases.
File a complaint on Flipkart seller regarding the product
There are basically two methods by which you can file a complaint to Flipkart:
- Online Flipkart complaint
- Customer care number
Both the above-highlighted processes are fit for complaining about issues related to:
- Receiving the wrong item
- Payment issues
- Late or no delivery
- Poor product quality
- Defective products
How to lodge a complaint?
- Dial Flipkart’s customer service number at (080) 49400000. You can also call their toll-free number at 1800-208-9898. Explain your issue(s) to the customer care executive clearly and simply.
- For raising an official complaint, the executive will ask you a few details, like email ID, Flipkart registered mobile number, and your Order ID. Once you provide the executive with these details, you will be given an acknowledgment number. Later, you can follow up with your complaint resolution with this provided number.
- Another way of filing a complaint is through Flipkart’s website or app. You can state your issue in the grievance form via the website/ app. Once the complaint docket is generated, you can keep track of your complaint related details in your Flipkart account.
How to return products to Flipkart?
- File a request for product return. You can initiate it through the ‘My Orders’ section on the website or the app.
- You will be offered between three choices – refund, return, or replacement. You can choose your preferred option.
- Once you have placed the return order, you will receive a returning notification with the date and time on your app. Also, you will be informed via SMS.
- On the designated date, Flipkart’s delivery agent will pick up the product. Ensure that you return the product with proper packaging, accessories, labels, and original tags.
- If you have opted for an exchange, you will also get notified about it in Flipkart’s app as well as via SMS. The exchanged, new product will be delivered to your address once the proper inspection of the returned product is complete.
- The money against your returned product will be processed and sent back to the platform (bank/ online wallet) from where you have made the payment.
How to get a refund from Flipkart?
You can only get a refund if your purchased products fall under the below categories:
- You have filed a complaint against the seller and the Buyer Protection has ruled in your favor
- If you received a damaged item
- If the product is not as per the description mentioned in the app/ website
- If the seller cannot provide you the purchased item nor offer its replacement
- If you are unsatisfied with the replaced product
- If your purchased product goes out of stock after you have paid for it and the seller cannot give that to you
- If you return the product within the Return Period
Though you now know how to file complaint on Flipkart, it is advisable for all consumers to properly go through the refund policy and return policy thoroughly before placing an order. Flipkart has specific refund rules, organized as per the item categories, that too, with all the possible actions and return window slots.
Remember, prevention is better than cure and you shouldn’t fall under the traps set by fraudsters. But if you are duped by the alleged Flipkart portal, don’t hesitate to file a complaint against Flipkart in the consumer court under Consumer Protection Act, 2019. We at Voxya help consumers to File a Complaint against Flipkart and take legal route to resolve issues.